Grants from A-Z is a 3-part training offered by Atlanta Community Food Bank with real-life examples and hands-on exercises you’ll learn how to find the best grant opportunities, write compelling grants in different formats and how to best manage grants once you win them.
Please ensure you will be able to attend all three sessions before registering. See session topics and dates below.
Session 1: Wedneday, April 2, 2014 from 10:00 A.M.-1:00 P.M.
- How to find grant opportunities
- Identifying and compiling basic information about your programs that are most likely candidates for funding
- Understanding and producing the most commonly requested documents
- Planning a grants calendar
- How to gather the most information in advance to make grant writing easier and more efficient.
Session 2: Wednesday, May 7, 2014 from 10:00 A.M.-1:00 P.M.
- Basic Components of grants
- Writing clear and meaningful goals and objectives
- Best answers for questions about history and background
- Basic budget creation for grants
- Samples of winning grants
- Tips on how to best answer questions with word/character limits
- Guided writing exercises and feedback
Session 3: Wednesday, June 4, 2014 from 10:00 A.M.-1:00 P.M.
- How to have a successful donor site visit
- Thank yous that can turn into future grants
- Setting up sound reporting and grant management
- Tips on tracking grant expenses
- Fun Ways to document accomplishments
- Leveraging grants into other types of fundraising support