Welcome to the 2019 Legal Food Frenzy
Atlanta Community Food Bank
Thank you for joining with the Atlanta Community Food Bank, and other food banks across the state, to fight hunger through the 8th annual Legal Food Frenzy! This friendly food and fund drive competition among Georgia's legal community is led by the Office of the Attorney General, the Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Georgia, and the Georgia Food Bank Association.
Our 2019 Goal: Law Firms in the Atlanta Community Food Bank's service area competing to raise $300,000 for our neighbors in need.
Nearly 60% of Georgia's public school children are eligible for free and reduced lunch. But when classes end, so do those meals. Last year, law firms in the Atlanta Community Food Bank's 29-county service area raised $288,415 and collected more than 14,000 pounds of food to help feed these children and their families during the summer months when schools are closed. We're excited to see what we can accomplish together this year!
This year Attorney General Chris Carr issued a Billable Hour Challenge for all Legal Food Frenzy participants: “I challenge each lawyer across the state to donate the equivalent of one billable hour during the competition. It’s that simple. One billable hour to provide meals to kids who need them over the summer. One hour to help us end hunger across Georgia."
- March 1 - April 15: Law firms sign up to compete at www.galegalfoodfrenzy.org
- April 17: Team captains can set up team fundraising pages.
- April 18: Volunteer kick off shift at the Atlanta Community Food Bank from 1 pm to 4 pm. Sign up here: http://vhub.at/legalff
- April 22 - May 3: Legal Food Frenzy!! Two week competition between law firms, legal organizations and corporate law departments to see who can raise the most food & funds to fight hunger.
- May 3: Fill out End of the Campaign Form and get 100 bonus points.
- May 7: All food & funds must be turned in or dropped off in order to count in the competition.
- To register and actively fundraise for your law firm, use the buttons at top right to start or join your firm's team. Registered team members will have their own personal fundraising page they can share with family and friends to solicit support.
- To simply make a donation to your firm's efforts, use the search feature to find your firm's team or individual team members.
- Track and celebrate your firm's progress against your local peers on our leaderboards.
Thank you again for helping us feed our neighbors in need!